On April 3, 2001, Chad was involved in a serious accident leaving him a quadriplegic. Chad’s dreams were not paralyzed that day. Since that fateful event Chad has done the following:
• Started Chad Hymas Communications, Inc., a professional speaking company, designed to motivate businesses and corporations to “use their wings and reach seemingly impossible heights.”
• The Wall Street Journal calls Chad Hymas one of the 10 most inspirational people in the world! Click Here and read the article where Chad was featured.
• At 37 years of age Chad is the youngest ever to receive the CPAE award and be inducted into the National Speaker Hall Of Fame.
• Last year Chad spoke at 220 different events traveling just over 300,000 miles. Speaking on 5 Continents and 4 Countries
• Chad has shared his personal message and entertained many audiences from organizations such as DeBeers, Barrick Goldstrike, BorgWarner, Smoky Canyon, Cortez Gold Mine, Holcim, Kennecott Mine, and Potash.
• He is a member of the National Speakers Association and is a CSP (Certified Speaking Professional). A designation achieved by fewer than 8% in the speaking industry. He was most recently inducted into the Speaker Hall Of Fame.
• The past president of the National Speakers Association Utah chapter.
• Maintaining his hobby and dream of managing a 5100 acre elk preserve with his father, Kelly.
• He has raced in marathons, and in the summer of 2003, Chad set a world record by wheeling his chair from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas (513 miles). Click Here to read more about this record setting event.
• Participating in wheelchair athletic competition including basketball, rugby, wheelchair racing, and officiating basketball (a dream come true).
• Spending many hours with other injured individuals in therapy, encouraging them to overcome their challenges, focus on dreams and make them a reality, and to love life for all that it has to offer. To achieve the unachievable and to reach for the unreachable.
• Chad’s greatest accomplishment is that he remains a devoted husband to his loving wife Shondell, and proud father to their three children Christian, Kyler, and Gracee! Click here to read more about Gracee.